Career Counseling and Support Services Workshop Policies ~ Spring 2015
Thank you so much for your interest in using Career Counseling and Support Services services. In an effort to provide quality workshops in a timely manner, the following policies are effective Spring 2015.
Career related requests made by academic units will be forwarded to internal career service offices when applicable
- Career related workshops can be requested during office hours by students, faculty, and staff by calling 614-688-3898 or e-mailing us to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Evening workshops are conducted during Spring 2015 on Mondays 6:00 - 8:00 PM and Wednesdays between the hours of 7:30 and 9:00 PM Additional days may be added and/or changed in subsequent semesters)
- Workshops run between 60 and 90 minutes
- A 3 week advanced notice of proposed workshop date will be appreciated
- Requests will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis
- A minimum of 15 students is requested per workshop. Career Counseling and Support Services will send a registration link after a request has been made when needed. Workshops with less than 10 registrants may be cancelled.
- Career Counseling and Support Services will send workshop materials to be copied and distributed by requesting unit or department
- You will be contacted for a pre-workshop consultation to determine and agree upon learning outcomes
- Logistics about the workshop (date, time, location, equipment) will be discussed after a consultation takes place.
- To obtain a record of attendance, please be sure to have students signed up your attendance sheet the day of the workshop.
- To better serve students, Career Counseling and Support Services will meet university housing requests made by a hall as opposed to a single floor
Career Counseling and Support Services offers the following workshops:
- Overview of Career Counseling and Support Services
- Self Exploration: Connecting with OSU majors and careers
- The Importance of Career Planning
- Decision-Making (learning how to manage stress)
- Resume and Cover Letters
- Effective Interviewing Skills
- How to Make the Most of a Job Fair
- Salary Negotiation
- Dining Etiquette
- Internship Search
- Developing your Professional Brand
- Employability Skills
- The Art of Networking
- Career Strategies for Special Populations
- Applying to Graduate School
- Life After College
- Other topics upon consultation